Wednesday, July 8, 2009

San Diego

San Diego, California....what a wonderful place. :) My family rented a beach house this year for a little family reunion. It was amazing. We were so close to the beach and had such a relaxing time. The house was amazing and big enough to fit all 24 members of my family. All of my siblings were able to be there, which was wonderful! The boys went to a Padres/Diamondbacks game one night, we went to Sea World, Jaromy and I got to go to the temple and we enjoyed every second we could on the beach or riding/running up and down the boardwalk. Here are some pictures to show the amazing time we had.

Carter and Daddy walking away....Carter learned that he could walk while in San Diego, so thats all he wanted to do.

This was the view from our front porch...SO CLOSE to the beach...

The fam...waiting for Shamu



Jaromy and I rented a bike stroller and went on a bike ride one afternoon to La Jolla
It was beautiful.

Jonah...my nephew lining up his animals one night!


I took Brooke (me niece) to get ice cream one night for her Bday and helping us with Carter...
I had to take the picture... her shoes, shirt and ice cream all match.


Jaromy and I at the San Diego Temple.

At Sea World, there was a little kids area with lots of stuff to do. There was this one spot that Carter LOVED! It was a little splash pad where water would jump out of fountains and land in another.... I couldn't get him away from it.

SHAMU!


Carter enjoying some star fish!
Carter's first plane ride...on our way home.

11 comments:

Krista said...

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun!! I just got back from San Diego today and I did NOT want to come home!!! I can't believe how old your niece is... where does the time go??!! Miss you... when you come into town next let me know... we'll do lunch or something!! :)

Lindy and Bryce Ellsworth said...

All those pictures made me want to travel to San Diego. I'm so a happy you had fun on your trip. It's always so nice to vacation next to the beach. Let's get together soon. Miss ya!

Brianne said...

It is so funny that you were all in San Diego because me and all my family were there too! Wasn't the weather so perfect!! Being pregnant made me appreciate it even more!! :) We got home at like 3 am this morning and the heat is already killing me!! We are already planning on going back to San Diego for 4th of July next year! I'm with Krista let me know when you are down next so we can get together!! I miss you and your fun laugh!!! Great memories!!

TheSmithLife said...

Yay I'm excited to see you have a blog :) Your San Diego trip looks awesome- I would love to have all my siblings together in a house on the beach. (Your niece is so cute with her matching ice cream) I'm glad you all had fun! Carter is so cute :)

Michelle said...

I found you off of Emily's Blog. Your little boy is so cute! It looks like a fun trip I would love to do that with my family! Hope you are doing well it is fun to see pictures of your family!

Natalie and Tyler said...

Love your San DIego pics! How fun! Im so glad we got to meet up at the beach! Fun Fun!

The Tews said...

What a great beach house - I am totally jealous! Glad you were able to getaway and relax. :)

JennyS said...

Um. I love you. And your little boy that I've never met. I hope you show him pictures of me! He's too big already! And walking?! How freaking exciting!!! Gosh I love you!

Liz said...

San Diego is the best! That was a terrific post and you guys had a rockin' place so close to the beach!

-----
Could you send your email to lizasu05@yahoo.com? We went private and I wanted to add you :)

Liz said...

OH and CARTER is the man! What a cutie!

Karla said...

That looked like so much fun. I can't wait to take Ethan to Sea World. You have such a cute family.